Each year, we repeat the same last-minute mistakes when it comes to Christmas shopping. But now that Santa is on his way, and he wants to share some of his secrets to buying toys for Christmas online this year.
Below, you’ll find some great tips for year-round shopping so you can plan to grab the best deals and avoid some tricky retail pitfalls. Note: If you’re having a hard time storing all those Christmas ornaments check out these ornament storage ideas.
Use Your Smart Phone or Tablet to Save Big Bucks
- Search for must-have items in your browser and compare products among your favorite retailers. It is convenient to download store apps and group them to compare your recliner prices or as your shopping through the store. If the store doesn’t offer an app, no problem, save their websites to your home screen.
- Some retailers that allow you to save items in your cart will notify you when the price changes. So, take advantage of that option all year long, and you will be ahead of the game when the holidays arrive.
- If you aren’t finding the retail prices friendly, try sites such as Amazon, eBay, OfferUp, and Facebook Marketplace. Also, check with some local estate sales or consignment shops for some gently loved items. You get to save money, and you’ll help someone make a few bucks for their stocking stuffers, as well.
Shoppers Patience Is the Key to Discounts
- Those large ticket items are always upgrading with more advanced features. As soon as you make the purchase, a newer one comes along. Rather than trading your hard-earned money for the latest and greatest, be patient and wait for that upgrade to come out. You’ll snag the current model at a much lower price than even when it debuted.
- Let’s talk about clothes. If you check the discount section, the savings can be tremendous. Even before the season has changed, retailers will begin promoting the next one. This window is the perfect time to expand your wardrobe. Discounts can be up to 75% or more. Shopping in the off-season is not a hidden secret, so keep an eye out regularly to get first dibs.
- Travel costs can be enormous. Those who travel regularly know insider information. Planning your flights and accommodations NOT around peak travel times is a must. The book that condo in the offseason and search for flights choosing “My dates are flexible” to save a ton of cash. It is shocking how wide the price range can be. Also, shop months in advance to get the best prices and check on bundle savings with flight, hotel, and auto combinations.
Coupons, Rebates, And Promo Codes
Along with these many ways to save your dollars and loads of time, some people have had great luck with coupon and rebate sites. To name a few, look at Honey, Groupon, Coupons.com, Rakuten, and RetailMeNot. They can help find the lowest prices or some promo codes to utilize.
So, enjoy your savings and share Santa’s love all year round.