Cannabidiol or CBD, obtained from the cannabis plant, has gained immense popularity in recent years. From CBD gummies and chocolates to coffees and a whole range of edibles, people are looking for newer ways to consume the excellent remedy and harness its benefits. And the latest emerging trend is CBD cocktails.
CBD spiked cocktails are becoming a hugely popular fad among alcohol lovers. Cocktails are a great way to loosen up and relax. Likewise, CBD is best known for its calming properties that can help alleviate stress and anxiety. The two come together really well.
In this post, we will understand more about CBD cocktails and learn some quick and handy recipes that you can try next time you have a home party. These flavorsome drinks will surely impress your guests and get the party started.
What Are CBD Cocktails?
Cannabidiol, popularly called CBD, is one of the active compounds of the cannabis Sativa plant. Over the years, it has come up as an effective alternative form of medicine for many severe health disorders.
As for CBD cocktails, they are exactly as the name suggests: cocktails spiked with CBD. On its own, the taste of CBD oil isn’t all that agreeable. However, mixing it with savory notes of alcohol can render it a completely different flavor profile.
Although CBD acts as a medication to treat different ailments and most medications require you to abstain from alcohol, CBD is safe to consume with alcohol. A few studies have shown that CBD can reduce dependence and addiction to substances, including alcohol. The two blend pretty well together without getting you feeling too intoxicated.
CBD Cocktail Recipes You Must Try
CBD Gin & Tonic
Gin & tonic is a great cocktail preferred by many alcohol lovers. Adding a CBD oil float to the classic combination helps elevate the flavor to an altogether new level. The citrusy botanical notes found in cannabis will perfectly come together with your favorite gin, making for a unique concoction. Instead of the oil, you can also use CBD vape juice for anxiety to achieve a relaxing effect.
- 1 ½ ounces gin
- 3 ½ ounce tonic
- ¼ ounce lemon juice
- 15 mg CBD oil float
- Take a wine glass and pour your favorite gin, tonic water, and lemon juice. Top it with ice.
- Garnish the glass with aromatics in an aesthetic way.
- Float the CBD oil on top.
CBD Mint Julep
A glass of pleasant CBD Julep is perfect for enjoying a relaxing evening and unwinding. Made with a generous amount of whiskey carefully balancing the vegetal notes of cannabis, the drink is an absolute delight for all whiskey lovers. It is a refreshing combination that simply takes the classic cocktail up a notch by adding a subtle hint of CBD.
- 2 ½ ounces bourbon
- ½ ounce simple syrup
- 6-8 cannabis and mint leaves
- 15 mg CBD tincture
- Add the mint leaves and simple syrup to a julep cup.
- Add your favorite bourbon and top it with ice.
- Gently stir the drink and garnish it with cannabis and mint leaves.
Give the classic cosmo a refreshing twist by adding a dash of CBD. The incredible drink is perfect for an uplifting evening on a hot summer day with your friends. It offers a unique and delicious take on the traditional cosmo and is very easy to put together.
- 2 oz. Vodka
- ¾ oz. Triple sec
- 1 oz. Cranberry juice
- ¾ oz. fresh lime juice
- 15 mg CBD tincture
- Orange twist
- Mix the vodka, cranberry juice, lime juice, and triple sec in a cocktail shaker.
- Add lots of ice and shake it nicely for about 30 seconds.
- Add the CBD tincture and strain the mixture into a martini glass.
- Garnish with an orange twist.
CBD Moscow Mule
Moscow Mule is a great cocktail that pairs up excellently with the earthy flavor profile of CBD. The freshness of ginger and some citrus in the mixture helps balance the whole ensemble. You can use dried cannabis flowers to impart a unique texture to the drink. This cocktail is highly refreshing and easy on the stomach so that you won’t have any hangovers the next day.
- 2 ounces vodka
- Ginger beer
- 1-ounce fresh lime juice
- ½ ounce ginger syrup
- 2g decarboxylated dried cannabis (CBD) flowers
- Mint sprigs and lime wedges to garnish
- Take a small saucepan and boil ½ cup water. Add ½ cup sugar and stir until fully dissolved. Add a stem of fresh ginger and 2g decarboxylated dried CBD flowers. Simmer the mixture for 30 minutes. Let it cool before straining through a cheesecloth into a jar. Store in a refrigerator for up to 1 month.
- Add vodka, lime juice, and dried CBD flowers into a chilled copper cup filled with ice and briefly.
- Top with ginger beer.
- Garnish with mint sprigs and lime wedges.
These are some of the best and easiest CBD cocktails that you can try at home. You can experiment in many more ways to reinvent your favorite cocktail with CBD. But remember, both CBD and alcohol affect people differently. So, it’s best to go slow the first time and see how it interacts with your body.
- How Many People Lived in the Islamic State (ISIS)? - February 5, 2024
- Israel vs Palestine – What’s Going to Happen? - November 29, 2023
- Best Black Friday Deals For Musicians and Music Producers 2023 - October 26, 2023