Looking to update your phone? The good thing is that 2019 has passed away, and now 2020 is full of fantastic releases. Many of the flagships and budget phones will now be available soon at different price levels. Don’t rush, if you’re looking for some new hardware as the launch of new phones awaits for the start of the MWC (Mobile World Congress) Barcelona 2020.
The telecom industry is growing at a rapid pace because of the high-demand and user’s requirements. And so the manufacturers are producing more variants and advanced phone systems, and hence competing with each other to sell more products than others in every aspect. As a consumer, you have a bunch of options, no matter what your budget is. However, it is not necessary to buy a phone from your local phone service provider, and you may always grab a good deal cheaper through Amazon, eBay, and even Swappa.
Top Mobile Phones In 2020
- Best Premium Phone: Samsung Galaxy S10E
- Best Camera: Google Pixel 4 XL
- Best Overall: Google Pixel 3A
- Best Budget Phone: Samsung Galaxy A50
- Best Battery Life: Moto G7 Power
- Samsung Galaxy S10e
It’s a compact 5.8-inch Complete HD + AMOLED screen with HDR. A 12 and 16-megapixel dual rear cameras and Qualcomm’s ultra-fast Snapdragon 855 processor powers it. You receive an ample 128GB of storage directly out of the box. However, you can enlarge this if you feel the need to. The S10e is a Great choice for all those who need a powerhouse in the iPhone XR, and also, a small package is just another great Phone that checks this box. But, if you don’t like that large display, The Galaxy S-8 is another great option.
Best Alternative: OnePlus Pro, Google Pixel 4 XL
✅Excellent build quality
✅Decent battery life
❌Fast charging is not so fast
❌3100 mAh battery capacity
- Operating System – Android 9 (Pie)
- Display – 5.8” Full HD+ Dynamic AMOLED Infinity-O Display (2280×1080), 438 PPI, HDR10+ certified
- Front Camera – 110MP Selfie Camera, Dual Pixel AF, 1.22μm, 80˚, F1.9
- Rear Camera – Dual Camera, OIS, 0.5x out optical zoom, Up to 8x digital zoom, HDR10+ recording, Tracking AF
- Chipset – Exynos 9820 (8 nm) – EMEA/LATAM
- GPU – Mali-G76 MP12 – EMEA/LATAM
- Memory & Storage – 6GB RAM with 128GB, 8GB RAM with 256GB
- Battery – 3100mAh (typical)
- Features – Water Resistance (IP68)
- Google Pixel 4 XL
There are other highlights to the device including a display, Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 855 chip, Google’s brand new face unlock and Motion hand motions, and also a matte glass back that feels and looks fantastic. Besides, you benefit from guaranteed software updates on October 20, 22.
Best Alternative: Samsung Galaxy Note 10, OnePlus 7T
❌Face unlock doesn’t work properly
❌Motion sense is not so perfect
- Operating System – Android 10.0
- Display – 6.3 inches, OLED capacitive touchscreen, 98.0 cm2, 1440 x 3040 pixels, 19:9 ratio (~537 PPI density), Gorilla Glass 5
- Rear Camera – Dual 12.2 MP, f/1.7, 27mm (wide), 1/2.55″, 1.4µm, dual pixel PDAF, OIS
- Front Camera – Dual 8 MP, f/2.0, 22mm (wide), 1.22µm, no AF
- Chipset – Qualcomm SM8150 Snapdragon 855 (7 nm), Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 485 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 485 & 4×1.78 GHz Kryo 485)
- GPU – Adreno 640
- Memory & Storage – 6GB RAM & 64GB, 6GB RAM & 128GB (UFS 2.1)
- Battery – Non-removable Li-Po 3700 mAh battery, Charging -Fast battery charging 18W, USB Power Delivery 2.0, QI wireless charging
- Features – Dual-LED flash, Auto-HDR, panorama
- Google Pixel 3A
In General, We believe the Pixel 3a might be the best phone you may buy for Boost Mobile. You’re likely using Boost to save money and never need to break the bank, and you can get an Android experience.
Best Alternative: One Plus 7T, Samsung A70
✅Call screening AI
❌No expandable memory
❌No pixel buds
❌Limited 6GB internal storage
- Operating System – Android 9.0 Pie
- Display – Fullscreen 5.6″ or 6.0″ display
- Cameras – 12.2MP dual-pixel
- Chipset – Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 670
- Memory & Storage – 4GB LPDDR4x RAM
- Battery – 3000 mAh battery
- Samsung Galaxy A50
Hardware-wise, the Galaxy A-50, is significantly more impressive. It has an AMOLED display with substantially smaller bezels, an in-screen fingerprint detector, three rear cameras, a large 4,000 mAh battery, and 64GB of storage, which you could expand around 512GB using SD card.
Best Alternative: Redmi Note 7
✅Gorgeous 6.4″ AMOLED display
✅Strong and sturdy build
✅Good battery life + 40W fast charging
❌Average low-lif photography
❌Average gaming performance
- Operating System – Android 9.0 Pie
- Display – 6.4″ Super AMOLED; 19.5:9 aspect ratio; Full HD+ (1080 x 2340 px)
- Rear Camera – 25 MP, f/1.7, PDAF; 8 MP, f/2.2, (ultra-wide); 5 MP, f/2.2, depth sensor
- Front Camera – 25 MP, f/2.0, fixed-focus
- Chipset – Exynos 9610 Octa (10nm), octa-core processor (4xCortex-A73 + 4xCortex-A53)
- GPU – Mali-G72MP3 GPU
- Memory & Storage – 4GB of RAM + 64GB storage / 6GB of RAM + 128GB storage; Up to 512GB microSD card support
- Battery – 4,000mAh Li-Ion; 15W quick charge
- Motorola G7 Power
Equipped with a big 5,000 mAh battery, Motorola G7 Power touts that you can expect up to three days of use on just one charge.
Outside of the endurance, the Moto G7 Power also packs a 6.2-inch HD + display, a Snapdragon 632 chip to power most your apps, along with 32GB of expandable storage, which can increase to 512GB.
Best Alternative: Redmi Note 7, Xiaomi MI 8 Lite
✅Large 5000mAh battery
✅Good camera performance
✅The latest version of Android
- Operating System – Android™ 9 Pie
- Display – LTPS LCD (403 PPI), 19:9 (1570×720), Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3
- Rear Camera – 12MP, f2.0, PDAF, 1.25um pixels, LED flash
- Front Camera – 8MP, f2.2, 1.12um pixels, Screen flash
- Chipset – Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 632 processor with 1.8 GHz octa-core
- GPU – Adreno 506 GPU
- Memory & Storage – 3 GB, and Internal 32 GB (expandable up to 512 GB)
- Battery – 5000 mAh, Non-removable (lasts up to 3 days)
- Charging: 15W TurboPower™, USB-C 15W TurboPower™ charger
- Features – Water repellent design with P2i nano-coating
There are a lot of great phones out there, making it difficult to choose; however, we can at least deduce a few of them down. The Galaxy S10e is an excellent choice for those who want a powerhouse in a small package, and the iPhone XR is another great phone that fulfills the needs at a hefty price. But, if you don’t like that big display on either, the OnePlus 7T and 7T Pro is the next best option in the premium device category. Otherwise, wait for some time until the launch of OnePlus 8.
For those who are tight on budget but still need some performance, Samsung A50 is a great option.
This article was written by Ideacom NC. IDeACOM® of Central North Carolina is proud to be a member of one of the largest telecommunications alliances in North America.