Search engine optimization, a.k.a. SEO, is one of the most effective ways to attract potential customers to your company website. However, you’ll be able to do so if you use it the right way.
The goal is to rank on page one of search engine results pages (SERP) in order to generate traffic to your website. To do this, you must keep modifying your SEO tactics in accordance with Google algorithms. Below, we will discuss some important points to prioritize for maximum SEO ROI for 2021.
- Keyword Search Becomes More Important – In reality, more than half of Google searches are zero-click searches. It means 50% of Google searches end without a click. Why? Because with such rich and relevant results in Google SERP, users already get the answer they need without having to click on a result or finish typing out a search or a question. Given the analytics and richness of SERP and with the intense competition to rank higher in search engines, it’s critical to find the right keywords that can drive traffic to your website. How to do it? Use long, targeted keywords and understand the intent of the search. It requires creativity and analysis to find the right keywords, but it’s definitely worth the effort once you see the SEO ROI for your company.
- Google BERT for Finding Better Matches – Google’s Bidirectional Encoder Representations from Transformers (BERT) algorithm makes Google bots more “conversational,” allowing Google algorithms to interpret the user’s intent. In simpler terms, Google can now interpret a search like the human brain. For example, if a user searches for “SEO” on Google, it means that the user wants to know what SEO is. But if someone types in “SEO services,” it means that the user is looking for an SEO service to employ. Therefore, the keyword “SEO” is vague and informal, while “SEO services” is a more targeted keyword.
- Core Web Vitals as a Ranking Factor – In May of 2020, Google announced three new Google ranking metrics: Interactivity, Loading, and Visual Stability. All of which refers to one thing—the page’s speed. Core Web Vitals will play an important part in Google’s ranking analytics, starting in May 2021. This means you will need to pay close attention to your web page’s speed if you want to appear on Google’s SERP, and preferably switch to AMP pages so your site will load faster on mobile devices.
- Video Marketing is Still Vital – YouTube is the second popular search engine after Google. So, even if you are not into making videos if you want to rank high up in the SERP, now is the time to get started. The next question is, how can you optimize video content? Start by optimizing the channel name and description. It should not be overloaded with keywords but a user-friendly description of what the channel is about.
- Original Content – Relevant and original content still plays a vital role in optimizing SEO. Put it this way, do you want to buy a clothing item in the same color and design you already have? The same thing applies here. If you provide the same existing content that’s already on the web, why would Google rank you higher above the existing piece? An original content relevant to the topic will establish you as a trusted name by Google and your target audience.
You see, SEO is a competitive industry. By understanding the mechanics and developing advanced strategies, you can start implementing stronger SEO plans to make you stand out from your competitors.
This article was written by Ester Adams, a farmer of words in the field of creativity. She is an experienced independent content writer with a demonstrated history of working in the writing and editing industry. Adams is a multi-niche content chef who loves cooking new things.