Debit and credit cards are not common to traditional banks. Online payment platforms like PayPal and Payoneer also introduce physical payment cards – credit and debit – to users to gain traction. However, Bitcoin companies have also recently started introducing crypto cards – debit or credit to attract more customers to their currency.
Seeing the need to gain traction and become more popular, internet currency companies started introducing debit cards to promote the use of their payment method. This helps to boost their service delivery and encourage more businesses and customers to start using it.
This innovation started in 2014, but since then, more cryptocurrencies worldwide in financial markets from different parts of the world. This attractive and juicy offer is trying to tempt businesses and consumers with the promise of zero fees or charges.
In fact, many traditional companies have added this attractive innovation to their services to enhance customer experience and service delivery. So, let’s see how can you get a Bitcoin debit card for free.
What is a Bitcoin debit card?
A Bitcoin debit card is simply a prepaid debit card that most crypto companies give to account holders to top up using Bitcoin. The card can also be used to make payments in fiat currency anytime and anywhere, and payments are allowed through bank cards.
The idea behind the bitcoin debit card was introduced in 2015. In subsequent years, several Bitcoin debit card providers emerged to serve a new generation of Bitcoiners who like investing, trading, and spending Bitcoin in the digital market.
Today, the Bitcoin debit card market has begun to offer a wide range of card options, including multi-currency crypto debit cards. Despite the fact that we still have low merchant support for cryptocurrencies as a means of payment, it comes as little to no surprise that the crypto card market is fast evolving.
Bitcoin debit card fees
There are many new entrants to the Bitcoin debit card industry with perks and disadvantages, like traditional credit and debit card options. However, the major contention is the charges or fees attached to its usage.
While holders are required to pay a certain percentage as a monthly fee, ATM withdrawal fee, foreign transaction fee, and cryptocurrency liquidation fee in some cryptocurrency companies, some companies offer every service for users with no cost implication.
In fact, many cryptocurrency companies now reveal the initial costs of getting debit cards and require holders to pay a certain amount. Initial costs of getting some debit cards range from $3-20 just to get one card issued and delivered.
How to get a Bitcoin debit card for free
Getting a Bitcoin debit card is an easy process in most crypto companies. In most cases, you must sign up for a Bitcoin debit card on any of the platforms you want to use online. In some websites like BlockCard, Wirex, and others, the process is straightforward and only takes a few minutes to complete. In all, it takes the following steps;
- Access the platform’s website and click on the registration button.
- Fill in your name, phone number, physical, and email address.
- Read through the terms and conditions, agree to them, and click ‘Register.’
- In most cases, an activation link will be sent to your email. You click it and gain access to their website’s dashboard specially created for you.
With that process, you can have access to your dashboard. However, to get your card in your hands and start spending crypto, there are more processes to follow. For instance, the BlockCard website will require to take three more important steps, which are;
- Making a deposit into your account
- Complete the KYC process for your card activation.
- And place an order for one of the three available cards, such as metal, plastic, or virtual.
Once all these are done, you can start making payments using the free virtual, metal, or plastic debit card you have been given. The whole process of registering for an account takes less than 5 minutes in most cases. Moreover, your physical card will arrive in your mailbox in a few days. However, you can access your virtual crypto card as soon as you pass KYC.
Best Bitcoin debit cards you can get for free
Here are some of the best options for you to get a Bitcoin debit card for free:
- Wirex (Wirex offers cardholders a lot of perks and cashback. You earn cashback of up to 8% and earn interest on BTC, fiat, and ETH currencies. Free deposits and withdrawals.)
- BlockCard (This is a low-fee Bitcoin debit card option. It comes with reduced fees and doesn’t charge for withdrawals, deposits, and exchanges.)
- Coinbase (Coinbase offers you the best service wherever Visa is accepted, provides support for up to eight different currencies, and has robust security features. 4% reward and 2.49% currency liquidation fee).
- Binance (Binance is a top choice when it comes to cashback Bitcoin debit cards. The card features an impressive 8% cashback to cardholders. However, it comes with a transaction fee of up to 0.9% for ATM withdrawals and other transactions.)
- Nuri (This is a good choice for cardholders looking for a no-fee Bitcoin debit card. This card doesn’t charge for issuance, withdrawal, or monthly fees.)
- Bitpay (This platform will be the best for you if you live within the US. The card features no exchange fees in America and can be used anywhere MasterCard is accepted.)
- Crypto.com (If you are looking for a platform with no annual fee and can still get up to 5% cashback, crypto.com is the best option. The platform features over 20 fiat currencies and more than 80 cryptocurrencies.)
- BlockFi (This is a good choice if you like to be receiving generous cashback and 2% after $30,000 of yearly spending.)
In conclusion, a Bitcoin debit card helps to take your payment to the next level. One good thing about Bitcoin debit cards is that they allow you to make cross-border transactions. In fact, most of the platforms allow cardholders to make transactions with multiple crypto wallets and security features. If you are keen to get a Bitcoin debit card for free, we suggest you use one of the options mentioned above.
- Israel vs Palestine – What’s Going to Happen? - November 29, 2023
- Best Black Friday Deals For Musicians and Music Producers 2023 - October 26, 2023
- The Future of War: The Laser Iron Beam That Can Burn Missiles, Drones and UAVs - October 19, 2023